June 29, 2013

Idaho

We dashed out of Spokane to get ahead of the approaching storm but eventually the rain did catch us. In Kellogg, Idaho, after a nice breakfast I started looking for my Idaho geocache. The phone was giving me fits as there was no 3G but one had the word jackass in the title so I explored this cute structure in town... In the rain ... with no luck. Turns out later this was the wrong jackass.


But I liked viewing the sculptures.


No cache in hand we moved on towards Mullan. I thought they might have 3G. The drive was beautiful.


Well the signals were no better there but I would not leave Idaho without a cache. I observed the buildings, much to my liking.


And the vehicles


The town is an old silver mining town and a small one that lies in the valley between the mountains.


The Lucky Silver Mine is still in operation but all was quiet in the town on an early, rainy Saturday morning.


I thought the steps up the hill under the white covering were unique.


I persevered and we were close to a cache when I finally remembered how to cache with my phone when it couldn't find nearby caches .. Or did I ever know .. but success at last. We went eastward to the Lucky Pass through the mountains.


Here we observed the beauty of the mountains and the little snow village before we crossed into Montana.




No comments: