June 02, 2013

Gilroy, Ca




I have always wondered what a Garlic Capital of the World might have to offer so we couldn't resist a stop on this trip. It is also one of the few towns in this area where Walmartys are welcome.

We stopped at one of several roadside markets which had lots of garlic and local produce for sale including every flavor of almond imaginable. The prices seemed a bit high to me. Leon got some hot and spicy almonds so he will get to eat them all. I never thought of making a wreath from garlic!






Come to think of it, I never think much about making a wreath at all, but I sure do like garlic. We are just a little limited on how much garlic we have room for after my shopping trip!


There is also an outlet mall in town but we opted to steer clear. We went to a park and cooked supper and then called it a day at a local Walmart. They don't want you to tell them you are camping and from some of the people we saw there it might be a good idea not to allow it. I wonder if half of the community might be lined up in their cars. Well so much for the garlic capital. Now I know.

No comments: