February 19, 2011

Sarasota

Every day I have ever spent on Siesta Key was a glorious day and this began in the same manner.  The birds were singing and the fish were jumping as the sun came up over the bay.


This just might be the north bridge in the distance that we were supposed to cross if only the gps had known how to get across the water.



After our seven mile hike the previous day we felt we should just saunter around Sarasota for the day.


We enjoyed the art show taking place down town. They had a lot of neat art and the crowds were out enjoying the warm sunny day.


Crabs and parrots are big in Florida but I just can't imagine they would go over too well in Arkansas.



It was a great way for Philma, Mary and me to wander at a slow pace and visit.


A woman must be behind these designs and artwork!



For lunch we drove inland to the old historic town of Arcadia. It is in the middle of what was once a large cattle producing area but we mostly found the old stores downtown that had been converted to antique shops.


We stopped at Wheeler's, a quaint old restaurant, for lunch only to learn that the last piece of peanut butter pie was served as we walked in the door.


Traveling back to Siesta Key we passed the Peace River orange facility. I think we must be in the middle of orange season.


I have spent several mighty fine days on Siesta Key.  I try to never stay long enough to wear out my welcome because I always want to come back again and again.


No comments: