February 16, 2011

Marie Selby Gardens

Again I found an opportunity to use my reciprocal gardens pass so we stopped at the Marie Selby Gardens in Sarasota.



The gardens are located on the edge of the bay in downtown Sarasota.


I was surprised to look high in a tree near the water and see these orchids blooming.


This house on the property is a favorite for parties and weddings.


 The gardens specialize in epiphytes which are plants growing on other plants which do not damage those plants. This includes orchids, bromeliads, cacti, and ferns.


And they also have a fig tree.


Mary likes to get the perfect picture and sometimes that isn't all that easy.


2 comments:

Barbara and Ron said...

I confess I got behind on reading blogs, but I'm now caught up. Looks like you're having a great time in Florida with all your buds. If you head up the west coast, Homosassa Springs SP is one of my favorite places.

Susan said...

I got behind on posting blogs myself and almost quit, but here I am again! I love Homosassa also but this time I came on the big bird in the sky. Probably won't get that far north.