July 01, 2013

Deja vu in Bozeman

In 2001 I went through Bozeman, Mt on the way to camp in the Gallatin National Forest. This time I explored the town a little more and thoroughly enjoyed it. I like the idea that various people or businesses sponsor their flower baskets.




The streets were packed with people on a Sunday morning as there are a lot of good restaurants and all the shops seemed to be open. This nice lady was giving a dog a drink that was in a cart attached to a parked bicycle. She hoped the owner would not mind.


I spotted the outdoor seating area at the restaurant where Gypsy Joan and I had lunch 12 years ago and we enjoyed eating at the converted garage called what but The Garage.




I thought it was neat and a first for me to see the garage theme with license plates used for menus.


After buying a new pair of hiking boots in hopes that I will get more exercise soon I couldn't resist a nearby geocache at the court reporter's office.


The temperature was warming so we made a stop at the local Walmart, which just happened to be the first one where I ever spent the night in the parking lot. I didn't recall it being so sloped but I wasn't so travel wise back then. We enjoyed a little wifi at the local laundromat. Off we went south to the Gallatin National Forest and a spot for the night alongside the Gallatin River. We did not miss the Walmart lights at all.

No comments: