May 25, 2013

Flagstaff, Az


I have driven through Flagstaff several times but this was the time to stop, especially since they had a really nice YMCA where we could begin the day with showers. We parked at the train station/visitors' center and really found the adjacent historic area inviting as did many others that were just wandering about. This wheeled cart was used to drag logs out of the forests.



Geocaching led us to this lumberjack and the 1945 tractor close to the train station.



Lumberjacks seem to be very popular in Flagstaff. When I remember this area I think if the beautiful Aspens north of town, not of cutting trees.



But a few fun murals make any town more interesting.



I think this is my first American hostel to spot on any of my travels. I guess a lot of young Europeans come here going to and from the Grand Canyon. This is a good use for an old hotel.



We had a fun after breakfast snack at Macy's and then ran into an arts and craft show in the park. It was a very good visit to the town but they don't allow rv parking at their Walmart so we chose to go sleep cheap. It is a shame that some people abuse the privilege that we so enjoy in Walmarts.

No comments: