October 15, 2011

Shirtless in Charleston

     On the day we arrived in Charleston we wasted no time in parking down along the bay and walking the streets south of Broad. We walked and looked and were having such a good time we perhaps did not realize it was getting dark so soon. I had grabbed an extra shirt when we began our walk, but soon took it off and stuffed part of it in my pocket. We asked someone if we were going the right direction to the park once it was dark and we were headed back to the truck,  and she suggested we travel along Tradd Street. So we took her advice not realizing that she was talking about a different park. We crossed East Bay (where we were parked) and turned left. Soon it was obvious to a woman out walking her dog that we were confused. She pointed us in the right direction and after a pleasant walk along the bay with a beautiful full moon we arrived back at the truck. But where is my shirt? We drove the path we had taken, approximately 2.62 miles, but in the dark no shirt revealed itself.
     The next afternoon we told Chloe, the GPS, to take us back to our campground and she directed us down Broad, one of the streets we walked on the night before. Before long I shouted, "Leon, stop!There is my shirt." And sure enough, someone had picked it up off the ground and hanged it on a post.  When I emailed my family that I lost my shirt on Broad Stree they were confused as to why I was shirtless in Charleston but that is my story and I am sticking to it!

No comments: