April 20, 2012

Bluebonnets!!

At last I am in Texas at bluebonnet time. We moved over to Somerville Lake north of Brenham to see what we could find blooming. We were quite pleased with our camping spot on the lake.


 I did the happy dance as we were riding our bikes and geocaching along a trail in the Corps of Engineers' park.


We drove into Somerville and inquired in the flower shop as to where we might see bluebonnets and she suggested we ride out towards Independence. What a fantastic suggestion. I had no idea we would visit the original location of Baylor University.


The old buildings in the area just amazed me and yes, the bluebonnets and other wildflowers were prolific and blooming in all their glory!


Nearby is the old homeplace where Stephen Austin once lived as well as some other historic buildings. I was one happy camper! Such history in this area.


I do look forward to returning to Independence and exploring even further.


I would be ashamed to admit how many photos I took of this old building. A priceless treasure in my opinion.







No comments: