December 07, 2010

Austin, Tx

An overnight stop in Austin was a must on our trip to San Antonio, both going and coming. We never pass an opportunity to visit my niece Kelly and her husband Sean.  As we crossed Congress the 5 o'clock traffic poured south away from town.


We never time it right to see the bats fly from under the bridge but the birds sure took their place in the air.


Kelly and Sean joined us at our favorite Mexican spot, Pulvo's, for supper. When I get a new iphone with a flash you will be able to see their faces.


And I am supposed to eat all of this?

The next day we stopped by their new home. What a great little place it is and not far from town nor the Elk's Lodge where we like to park.


So where is everyone? Oh! At work I guess. Will they even know we were here?


We soon found ourselves at the mall doing a little Christmas shopping.


At lunchtime you can bet we were in town at the Whole Foods Market. We love to eat at Whole Foods whenever we find one.

After lunch it was off to Tyler for the evening and home to Hot Springs the next day! Can't wait to go back to Texas. I think my favorite site of the trip was this downtown building that is supposedly a Rice Owl keeping an eye on those Texas Longhorns. True or not? I love the legend either way.




No comments: