February 13, 2009

Mandeville, La

We went early to check out the area for the Krewe of Eve parade which was to be our first in the area. All the floats were ready and the krewe was gathering. The parade also included many marching bands and some beautiful horses. I couldn't understand why the horses preceded the bands!




I faired quite well. Don't I look fat? So far I have only indulged in a muffaletta with fried oysters. The jacket was perfect for holding all my stuffed toys.


Leon finally got the hang of it and did alright himself at his first Mardi Gras parade. We drove over early and had a picnic in the truck after we secured a good parking spot.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like you guys made out like bandits with the beads! I will settle for beads that Patty throws on Facebook! Have fun and see you soon.

Mary said...

Catching beads with your left arm?